Facebook has implemented a major technical change that affects users who want to link Instagram to their Bumblewing profile. We describe here what from now on applies to those who want to measure their influence on Instagram with the help of Bumblewing.
From March 20, 2020, the following changes will be implemented:
- Instagram can no longer be used to log in or register on Bumblewing. So it will only be possible to link to an Instagram account once you have registered with Bumblewing.
- In order to connect to an Instagram account with Bumblewing, users first need to register and log in with a Facebook account.
- In order for users to connect to an Instagram account, two things are required: a) the account cannot be a personal account, thus must be a company or creative account and b) the account must be linked to a Facebook page that the user administering.
To make this as easy as possible, we explain here step by step how to link an Instagram account to Bumblewing.
If after following these instructions you still do not manage to link your Instagram account to Bumblewing, feel free to read too this post and see if it reads the problem.
Make Instagram account a business or creative account
Your Instagram account needs to be that the type of company or creator, regular personal Instagram accounts will not work to link to Bumblewing thus. By default, an Instagram account is personal so you need to change it to business or creator. It costs nothing, it's easy and you also get some additional features in Instagram on the purchase. To do this, follow these steps (explaining how to do it in the mobile app):
- Open the Instagram app and click on the icon that looks like three dashes in the top right corner.
- Select "Settings"
- Click on "Account"
- Click on "Switch to professional account"
- Select "Creator" or "Company"
- Fill in the necessary information
- Click on Done.
Here you can read Instagram's own help text which explains how to do this.
Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook page
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile
- Click on "Edit profile"
- Select "Page" under "profile information"
- Select the Facebook page to which you want to link your Instagram account or create a new page. Note that you must be an administrator of a page to be able to link it to an Instagram account.
Listen you can read Instagram's own help text which explains how to do this.
Log in / register with Facebook account on Bumblewing
As a first step, you must register or log in with a Facebook account on Bumblewing. Of course, you can also add a Facebook account to your Bumblewing profile if you have already registered with Twitter.
Bumblewing will then use your Facebook account to see which Facebook pages you manage and then also which Instagram accounts are linked to your Facebook pages. It is from these Instagram accounts that you can then choose to link one to your Bumblewing profile.
If you are already registered on Bumblewing with your Facebook account then you may need to log out and log in again with your Facebook account for everything to work properly.
Connect your Instagram account to your Bumblewing profile
Once you have registered or logged in with your Facebook account on Bumblewing, it is then easy to add an Instagram account to your Bumblewing profile.
If you have an Instagram account that is a corporate or creative account and that is also linked to a Facebook page that you manage, you will be able to choose that account from the list.
Then choose if it's your own Instagram account or if it's a shared account. For your own account you count the reactions when calculating the Bumblewing score. Then click on "Connect" to link your Instagram account.
If there are still questions about this, do not hesitate to hear from us and we will explain and help.