Facebook is implementing a major technological change affecting users who want to link Instagram to their Bumblewing profile. We describe here what from now on applies to those who want to measure their influence on Instagram with the help of Bumblewing.
From March 20, 2020, the following changes will be implemented:
- Instagram can no longer be used to log in or register on Bumblewing. So it will only be possible to link to an Instagram account once you have registered with Bumblewing.
- In order to be able to connect an Instagram account with Bumblewing, users first need to register and log in with a Facebook account.
- In order for users to connect to an Instagram account, two things are required: a) the account cannot be a personal account, thus must be a company or creator account and b) the account must be linked to a Facebook page that the user administering.
We understand that this can be perceived as complicated for you as a user and so it is not a change that we would necessarily have made if we did not have to. If we do not make this change, we simply will not be able to offer our users the opportunity to analyze influences from Instagram accounts using Bumblewing.
To make this as easy as possible, we explain here step by step how to link an Instagram account to Bumblewing.
Make Instagram account a business or creative account
Your Instagram account needs to be of the type company or creator, regular personal Instagram accounts will not work to link to Bumblewing thus. By default, an Instagram account is personal so you need to change it to business or creator. It costs nothing, it’s easy and you also get some additional features in Instagram. To do this, follow these steps (explaining how to do it in the mobile app):
Open the Instagram app and click on the icon that looks like three dashes in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings”
- Click on “Account”
- Click “Switch to professional account”
- Select “Creator” or “Company”
- Fill in the necessary information
- Click on Done.
Here you can read Instagram’s own help text explaining how to do this.
Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook page
Open the Instagram app and go to your profile
- Click “Edit profile”
- Select “Page” under “profile information”
- Choose the page you want to link your Instagram account to or create a new page. Note that you must be the administrator of a page in order to link it to an Instagram account.
You can read Instagram’s own help text that explains how to do this.
Log in / register with Facebook account on Bumblewing
As a first step, you must register or log in with a Facebook account on Bumblewing. Of course, you can also add a Facebook account to your Bumblewing profile if you have already registered with Twitter.
Bumblewing will then use your Facebook account to see which Facebook pages you manage as well as which Instagram accounts are linked to your Facebook pages. It is from those Instagram accounts that you can then choose to link one to your Bumblewing profile.
Connect your Instagram account to your Bumblewing profile
Once you have registered or logged in with your Facebook account on Bumblewing, it is then easy to add an Instagram account to your Bumblewing profile.
If you have an Instagram account that is a corporate or creator account and that is also linked to a Facebook page that you manage, you will be able to choose that account from the list.
Then choose if it’s your own Instagram account or if it’s a shared account. For your own account, reactions are included when calculating the Bumblewing score. Then click “Connect” to link your Instagram account.
If there are still questions about this, do not hesitate to hear from us and we will explain and help.